Initial music video reasearch

 Heartbreak anthem

A music video is a short film or video, that integrates a song with imagery that is produced for promotional or artistic purposes. Heartbreak anthem is a song by Galantis, David Guetta and Little Mix and the song was realised in May 2021. The song reached number three on the UK singles chart, and was the girl groups highest charted single since their song, Women Like Me. The song is about a girl going through a break up, and trying to settle the situation with her ex to heal her broken heart. The lyrics suggest that for this broken hearted girl to move on from her ex they need to agree that they have no grudges against each other. In my music video I want to show how easy it is for a women to be happy after a break up. In my music video I want to my music video to be upbeat with lots of bright lights, and for there to be a happy atmosphere. 

I choose this song because the song is a newly released fast pasted song,  the upbeat rhythm matched with the music video I wanted to create. The lyrics stood out to me, because they were easy to create a story line that would inspire my music video idea. Heartbreak anthem perfectly fits into the mood and vibe I want to create in my music video.

The Original music video has reached 32million views on Youtube, and shows the girl band to be in a theatre production dressed up as winged angels. The music video is inspired by Angela Carter's 1984 novel Nights at the circus, a feminist tail about freedom. It is an upbeat love song about heart break and moving on, with the girl group dancing on stage, and showing their emotions when they are in the back stage dressing room. 


Music video analysis



 

Remember- Becky Hill

This music video was released in June 2021, soon after the song I am focusing on was released, it is also shows an upbeat rhythm, similar to the heartbreak anthem. From this music video, it is similar to the music video I want to create because of the bright lights and clothes, and the upbeat atmosphere of the video. 



Confetti- little mix

Another music video by little mix, has inspired my music video. The fast changing angles and fast changes out of different scenes and costumes is something I can to include in my music video. Aswell as the bright lights and fast upbeat pace of the song. 




Holiday- KSI

This music video shows loving multicultural and same sex relationships, which is something I want to incorporate in my own music video.   The music video shows a series of happy couples, which is different to my song because my song shows a girl trying to love herself as her love with someone else ended. I also like the quick scene changes and the camera angle goes from being zoomed in to zoomed out. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lyric analysis